Welcome to my blog (Leah Sweet), you can follow me as I explore the wonderful new country of Singapore.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Two


This morning I woke up around 430 am Singapore time and could not quite fall back asleep. The picture above is right outside my door, I have a deck that is perfect for soaking up some sun. My roommate Kara arrived around 9 am. Kara is from  New Jersey but has lived in various places such as Hong Kong, London, and even Singapore for a year. She goes to Elon University and we easily got along right away. We both cleaned up the room and explored the hall a little more. We found a small gym with a treadmill and some weights about a one minute walk from us. This is perfect so we don't have to trek across campus. We went to lunch near the library (because it was the only place we knew of) and ate a pretty western meal from Subway. We then realized there were ten more food options upstairs but we chose from McDonalds, Subway and Canadian Pizza (I didn't know Canada was known for Pizza?). We then explored around campus alot more and we found a great supermarket on campus where I bought towels for S$6, a few adaptors and shampoo for under S$40. We are still quit jet lagged and are just relaxing planning our adventures to come! We are very excited to go to the island of Sentosa which has a bridge running from Singapore and is know for their beaches and we as well are going http://www.marinabaysands.com/ here for only S$20 we can relax at the top of the building by the pool as if we were on a cruise ship. I can not wait!! I am glad that I am slowly making a good group of friends and I am sure we all want to venture out and really learn about Singapore 
xoxo
Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment