Welcome to my blog (Leah Sweet), you can follow me as I explore the wonderful new country of Singapore.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arrival

Leaving behind the two plus feet of snow I set off on my adventure to Singapore on Saturday the 15th. After a sleepless night I arrived at Newark airport to a surprisingly easy and peaceful security and baggage check. Both my bags weighed in at 48.5 lbs. which allowed me to sneak by. My first flight took   me a little over fourteen hours from Newark to Tokyo. The plane headed up through Canada and cut back right before Russia. I remember waking up during my flight and we were flying over the Bering Sea according to my inflight map, the temperature outside was -80 degrees Fahrenheit. I was happy when we touched down in Tokyo. The airport was fairly easy to navigate with English signs in the places that I needed them. I bought a vitamin water there and the price came out to be $1.88 which is very inexpensive. My gate sign had Guam listed on it for at least two hours which lead me in a few circles and a few incomprehensible conversations I finally boarded. The next flight was seven hours straight to Singapore. Although the flight was very turbulent and squished I managed to sleep for most of the flight in an awkward position. To me the flight was from 4 am to 11:30 am, but I arrived in Singapore after 13 time zone changes to 12:30 at night. Customs and immigrations were quick and everything ran as planned until I reached campus with the taxi driver. We got lost for about a half hour, but after consulting a map we found my buddy Maria waiting with my key to my room in Hall 3. 
xoxo 
Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment