Welcome to my blog (Leah Sweet), you can follow me as I explore the wonderful new country of Singapore.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Four





Today was a fairly packed day over here! I woke up more adjusted, and slept in for the first time. Kara and I got breakfast at our new favorite "western" dining hall, where I got toast, breakfast potatoes and mango juice. We decided to check out the pool around ten, and we were blown away. I guess it is not too common to go sun bathing so we had all the chairs to ourselves while the water polo and canoe polo (in the picture where they essentially play water polo from kayaks) teams practiced. We met a few exchange people who came to relax by the pool; one from California, Germany, and Sweden. Then off to lunch for noodle soup that put us back S$2.50! It was very interesting trying to eat with only chopsticks. Around 4 we decided to adventure out off of campus. We took the campus bus to the MRT(public tram/subway) station and rode for about a half hour to Plaza Singapora. I invested in a few dorm needs from Carrefour (similar to a cheaper wal-mart) and walked around the huge mall. It was fun to get off campus but we were tired quick and made it back to campus around 1030 pm. I realize how huge the city is, Kara and I decided to take it in small doses and explore little by little. Thanks to an exhausting day hopefully I will sleep well tonight!
xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment